Please see our contact details below or you can use the contact form further down. Please allow time for us to reply to any messages.
Postal Address: Barnsley YMCA Archers, YMCA Barnsley, 1 Blucher Street, BARNSLEY, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom, S70 1AP
Community or Event Organiser?
Elevate Your Event – Hire Our Archery Club!
Unleash the excitement and unity at your community or corporate gathering with an archery Have-A-Go. Expert guidance, inclusivity, and unforgettable moments await your attendees. Take aim at creating lasting memories and stronger connections. Read more below.
- Who can join the archery club?
- Our club will take on members from the age of 8 and over. This is the same for joining beginner’s courses and taster sessions. Have-A-Go events may vary on the minimum age.
- Do I need any prior experience in archery to join?
- No, the club welcomes beginners and experienced archers alike. We have beginner’s course that run throughout the year, which must be completed before you can join any archery club.
- What equipment do I need to bring?
- For our beginner’s courses, we provide basic equipment like bows and arrows for beginner’s to use. However, as you progress, you may be encouraged to purchase your own equipment.
- How much does it cost to join the archery club?
- Please see our Membership page for more info.
- What safety measures are in place?
- Safety is a top priority in archery clubs. There are strict rules and protocols regarding shooting range safety, proper equipment usage, and behaviour while on the range.
- Can I participate in competitions through the club?
- Many archery clubs organise or participate in local, regional, or even national competitions. Members are encouraged to participate and represent the club. However, we are not a performance driven club and so it is at member’s discretion and how they choose to pursue this hobby. Your ArcheryGB affiliation provides you the correct insurances to freely enter competitions.
- Are there coaching or training programmes available?
- We provide beginner’s course to get you started. From here on, our coaches will provide guidance and advice in the short term once you join. If you would like a more structured training session or guidance on particular subjects, you can approach any of the coaches to ask.
- What are the club’s operating hours?
- Our hours can vary from season to season and then vary in what times we may be at our outdoor season’s venue. Get in touch to find out more.
- Can I bring guests or family members to the club?
- Yes, as long as they are adhering to the same safety protocols and behavioural expectations. All junior archers (under 18’s) must have an adult with them at all times, on-site and in view of the junior to meet our safeguarding policies.
- Is the club affiliated with any archery organisations?
- How do I become a member of the archery club?
- What types of archery are available at the club?
- Our club currently only do Target archery, where we shoot at a target face that is attached to a boss on a stand.
- Can I rent equipment if I don’t have my own?
- Once you join our club following a beginner’s course, you are welcome to continue loaning the same equipment for the short term/a few weeks until you settle in and work out the right equipment for you. This is no extra charge.
- Are there opportunities for volunteer work or leadership roles within the club?
- Definitely! Our club currently runs on a committee and a small group of coaches, but we always appreciate any other members volunteering their time for various events. Speak to any of the committee members or coaches about how you’d like to get involved.