Beginner’s Course Info Pack
Thank you for signing up to one of our beginner’s courses! See below for all the information you’ll need ahead of starting the 12 hour course.
- Attendance to the full 12 hours (4x 3 hour sessions) is required to complete the course and to gain a certificate of completion.
- All equipment is provided for the duration of the course. Equipment can also be loaned upon joining the club for the first few weeks, until you are able to buy your own equipment.
- You may bring your own light snacks & drinks.
- Payments will be taken on the first session and you can by pay cash, cheque or bank transfer and we will make out a receipt of payment for you.
- Qualified archery coaches will give full instructions and 1-on-1 tuition periods throughout the course. Coaches may stand close to you in order to guide you on the best techniques.
- Any participants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent/guardian with them at all times, remain on-site and in view for the duration of the full course.
- The start of each session will begin with a physical warm-up and stretching of muscles to minimise any injuries/strains.
- Please follow all health & safety rules that are be briefed throughout the course.
- All safeguarding rules & procedures are followed.
The Venue & Parking:
- Barnsley YMCA Sports Hall, Blutcher Street, Barnsley, S70 1AP
- Street parking available on Blutcher Street, charges may apply.
- Street Parking avilable on surrounding streets: Pitt Street, Lower Catlereagh Street & Wellington street. Charges may apply.
- Council car parks are spread around the town centre.
- Entrance to the building is through the front entrance directly on Blutcher Street. Do not come to the side entrance of the youth building.
- Please adhere to all building rules and Health & Safety signs. Treat the building with respect and follow all codes of conduct.
What to wear:
- Please wear appropraite comfortable shoes like trainers or pumps, ensure they are closed-toe and cover most of the foot’s surface. Do not wear flip-flops, sandals, or any other open shoes.
- Clothing must be close-fitting and not too loose or baggy, as this can be caught in the bow when shooting.
- Ensure you can move your arms freely in the clothing without restriciton.
- If you have long hair, please make sure it is tied back and out of your face.
- Please minimise the wearing of loose jewellery and accessories.
- You will receive a beginners course completion certificate.
- This certificate enables you to join any archery club as a member, as this is the proof of completing a course.
- If you would like to join our club, we will continue the allowance of loaning the equipment you’ve used on the course for the short-term.
- Feel free to ask us about our membership fees at any point and our regular club session details.